Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Mother's First Encounter

I had been seeing the shadow person for a couple years before anyone else had noticed or admitted to seeing anything.  My mother, even after she did have an experience, refrained from telling my sister or me until a couple years later.  I have to admit, she has had just as powerful experiences with the supernatural as I have.  I think she finds it difficult to share her experiences because she, like many others, is afraid of the unknown.  Here is one of her stories that she has shared with my sister and me.

It was during the middle of the day, I had just taken a hot bath.  I was in the bathroom drying my hair with a blow dryer.  I could faintly hear my mom yelling at me, figuring that it was because I had used up all the hot water.  For me, that was the end of this pretty typical event.. but not for mom.  Little did I know, as she looked down the dark hallway from her bedroom, she saw me exit the bathroom.  She then started to yell at me, having had used up all the hot water and followed me down the hallway until I turned around the corner and into my bedroom.  But when she got to the closed bathroom door, she stopped and heard the blow dryer.  She knocked on the door and asked, "Kim, you in there?"  I answered her, "Yeah". 

There was no one else in the house at this time and she never spoke of this to anyone.  This was her first encounter with the shadow person.  Now there really isn't any light source that shines into the hallway, so it was relatively dark unless you actually turned on the hall light.  But I have to hand it to her for yelling at a shadow person and not knowing it.  I can laugh at it now, but I'm sure for her it wasn't funny at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment